If you are looking for way to give back to your community and help dogs at the same time, look no further! We have plenty of opportunities available. Whether you have two hours a day or 4 hours a month, you can help!
Here are some of the volunteering opportunities we have:
- Fostering (see below)
- Fundraising (helping to plan auctions or other events to raise funds)
- Assisting at the occasional adoption event or other rescue event
- Social media; assisting in creation of social media presence by creating posts, etc
- Adoption Team (assisting in screening applications, such as calling veterinary/personal references)
Fostering For 3CLR
There are no upcoming events right now.
Foster Home Locations:
- Due to our existing volunteer network and veterinary partners, we are a bit limited geographically. Fosters will need to be able to drive a bit to pick up their foster, obtain veterinary care and other supplies.
- Currently we are accepting new fosters in Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair and Wayne counties, Mid-Michigan (from Saginaw/Bay City to Mt. Pleasant) and Grand Rapids, MI. If you aren't sure if your location is within these parameters, please email us before filling out the foster application.
Our Commitment to You & Your 3CLR Foster:
- We provide all routine and emergency veterinary care at one of our partner veterinarians, at no cost to our fosters.
- We provide necessary supplies, such as collars, leashes, ID tags, etc.
- We post your foster on social media and various adoption websites, letting everyone know that your foster is available for adoption.
- Our volunteers are always available to answer questions, provide assistance, help transport your dog when you are unable and screen potential adopters of your foster dog.
Your Commitment to Your 3CLR Foster:
- You provide daily care, love and affection to your 3CLR Foster dog.
- You bring your foster to any scheduled meet&greets with potential adopters.
- You help the Adoption Team by providing a basic biography and up-to-date photos of your foster dog. If you'd like, you can also help in marketing your foster and screening potential adopters.
- Let us know if you are having any issues, have questions or need help!
How To Become A Foster
The first step is to fill out the online Foster Application and to email proof of homeowners' insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once that information is received, the steps are:
1) We will contact your vet for information on current and previous animals. You must have authorized your vet to release any information to us.
2) We will contact your personal references. It is critical that they return our calls in a timely matter or we will not be able to proceed with your application.
3) If you are a renter, we will require written confirmation from your landlord for verification of animal acceptance.
4) We will complete a home visit which requires all household members to be present.
5) We will require the Foster Agreement to be signed
5) Once the application is fully approved, you will be assigned to an Adoption Coordinator who will onboard you and add you to our private volunteer Facebook group. We'll then get you your very first foster!